What happened to America?
Wasn’t this supposed to be the land of wholesomeness and milk and honey?
What has American culture actually been based on so far in the twenty first century?
What is at the core of modern day American values?
Look at what we teach our children. This should tell you all you need to know. Recently it was announced that George Lucas has sold out. He is parting ways with his ultra successful Lucasfilms company by selling his worldwide recognizable brand to mega corporation Disney for only $4 Billion dollars. That’s Less than a billion per star wars episode. Disney has always focused on toddlers and little kids and they usually promoted happy and playful looking characters now they’ll meet Darth Vader. That’s right your little kids won’t get to grow up watching Lion King and Snow White like you did they’ll get Darth Maul instead.
This is how you boil a frog. One degree one day at a time.
=====> DON’T MISS: Are we training PSYCHOS with these dark themed movies in our theaters?
I thought about this last night when I handed out candy to Halloween trick-or-treaters. I only had 4 maybe 5 groups of kids. It dawned on me that out of the 20 or so kids that stopped by only one or two were not dressed as a murderer or a demon or a devil or some dark demented character. There was one girl who I remember because her costume was a butterfly. There was even a little baby dressed as a DEVIL.
I could help but thinking man, just a few months ago that little one was chilling with GOD, then she leaves heaven, arrives on earth and the first things we do is dress her up as a devil. WTF?
What is the meaning anyway?
Shout out to everybody who has me in their Google+ circles. I thought about this topic when I noticed All Saints day as a trending topic earlier today. This topic is interesting when you consider the history of the holiday and the modern day practice in the good ole USA.
Consider if you will how Halloween started:
- It got its name from what was known as All Hallows’ Eve.
- A day that marks the eve of the Western Christian feast of All Hallows (or All Saints Day).
- All Hallow’s Eve has historically been a celebration of the dead and even has links to paganism.
In contrast all saints day:
- Is a holiday that began with the very inspiring story of what happened when a faithful man wanted to commemorate the death of his faithful wife by designating a church he built with her name.
- Is a reminder of what a man did when the powers at be in the church wouldn’t let him name the church he built after his wife.
- Is an example of love. The man designated the church he build after his wife for “All Saints” knowing that the annual occasion would still be a perpetual reminder of her.
This All Saints story seems pretty wholesome and “All American” right? PS the Taj Mahal was built to commemorate a man’s wife too.
Which version has America embraced and made popular in it’s modern culture? Yeah my point exactly.
=====> DON’T MISS: Is America Killing itself to Live?
All I’m saying is who is paying attention to where the American culture is going? Sure we are moving but where are we going, exactly? Does anyone remember where we came from and how we got here? How can we get back to the days when people cared about the important things that really matter, like love? Maybe its just me, I’m just saying.
What do you think? Is America headed in the right direction, culturally? This isn’t a religious bashing contest by the way. Why do you think this is happening? Or is it just me.
- Disney Buys Lucasfilm
- All Saints Day trending topic on Googleplus
- Wikipedia All Saints Day History
- Wikipedia Halloween Day History
- Taj Mahal built by man to honor his wife